Many Netgear extender users approach us for having an answer to the question, ‘Why are my Netgear lights blinking red’. If you are also struggling with the same, then luckily you have stumbled upon the right page. Here, we’re going to list various reasons forcing your Netgear lights to blink red along with their possible solutions. Let’s get started!
- Problem: If your home router is placed too far from the Netgear extender then it is obvious to struggle with the Netgear lights blinking red issue.
Solution: Relocate your extender and make sure it is within the range of your router. For locating your extender at the right place, you can get the help of MyNetgear manual.
- Problem: Another reason that can force you to experience Netgear lights blinking red light issue could be related to WiFi interference.
Solution: Keeping your Netgear extender and home WiFi router away from things emitting radio waves can be of great help. To name a few, you can place your devices at distance from baby monitors, cordless phones, Bluetooth speakers, microwave ovens, refrigerators, etc.
- Problem: Chances are your router and extender is not connected in a proper manner, which results in Netgear Lights blinking red issue.
Solution: Check the connectivity between both the devices and confirm if everything is fine. If an Ethernet cable is being used for connecting the devices, then make sure it has no cuts or breakage.
- Problem: A technical glitch in your device can also end up with the red light issue on your Netgear extender.
Solution: For fixing the issue, power cycle your extender by unplugging its power socket from the power outlet. After a gap of a few minutes, you can plug in the socket back to its outlet and turn the power button on. Now, check the status of LED lights on your extender and see if the blinking red light issue has been fixed for you.
- Problem: ‘My Netgear lights blinking red’ issue can also occur if your extender is not configured in a proper manner.
Solution: To get the issue fixed, reset your extender to the default settings and configure it again. If you are unaware of the process of resetting and reconfiguring your extender, consider getting support from our technical experts for quick assistance.
How Can I Access My Netgear Extender Login Page?
Another question that is in line by many Netgear extender users is ‘How can I access my Netgear extender login page”. If you are also looking for an answer to the same, here are the steps explaining things in detail:
- Power up your extender by plugging it into a power socket after you are done with connecting it to your home router.
- As soon as you find the LED light on your extender has turned green, get access to your computer.
- Launch a web browser of your choice and type mywifiext web address into the URL bar.
- Hitting the Enter key, you will find yourself on the Netgear extender login page.
- Fill in your login credentials and you’re done with the Netgear extender login process.
If you want to access the login page of your extender using the Nighthawk app, then first you need to create a MyNetgear account. Here’s is how to get the MyNetgear account creating job done.
How Can I Create MyNetgear Account?
By creating the MyNetgear account, you can not only log in to your device with ease but also be able to register Netgear products, put in your queries onto the Netgear Community page, and do a lot more. For creating the MyNetgear account, all you need to do is:
- Visit the official site of Netgear and navigate to the register page.
- You will then be asked to enter your name. So, fill in your first and last name into the given fields.
- Thereafter, you will get a message to confirm your email ID and password.
Note: You can use these details as your MyNetgear login credentials.
- Once done, select your country and click Continue.
- If you want to enable two-step verification, then select the same.
- Else, click Finish to complete the process of creating MyNetgear account.
That’s all! This is how you can create the MyNetgear account and make the most of your device. In case you need any personalized assistance while creating My Netgear account, feel free to contact our technical experts at any hour of the day.
Why My Netgear Showing Mywifiext Not Working Error?
Are you bothered by My Netgear showing mywifiext not working error? If yes, then we’ve got your back. Mywifiext not working issue can occur due to various reasons. A few of them are as follows:
- My Netgear showing mywifiext not working error will occur if the web browser that has been used by you for accessing the web address is not up-to-date or congested with the junk of cache and cookies.
- Typing errors in the web address can also be one of the reasons why you are facing mywifiext not working issue. Thus, cross-check the web address and make sure that you have entered it into the address bar of your browser.
- Probably, you have enabled Netgear Smart Connect but are using a different WiFi network name and password for both the 5 GHz bands. If so, then mywifiext not working issue will occur when you connect the extender with WiFi for one band.
- Closeness of your extender to interference-causing devices can also make you experience mywifiext not working issue. Thus, keep WiFi interference at bay and see if it helps you fix the issue.
- Check the power socket to which you have connected your extender. Perhaps, it is not working or providing sufficient power. If that is the case, either get the current power socket fixed or plug in the device to another wall outlet. Make sure the socket you use is offering a fluctuation-free power supply.
- Improper or partial extender setup can cause the mywifiext not working issue. So, reset your extender to the default settings and configure your device again. Once done, check if you still are troubled by ‘My Netgear showing mywifiext not working error’.
How Can I Reset My Netgear to Default Settings?
Want to know the answer to the question – ‘How can I reset my Netgear to default settings’? No matter whether you want to reset your device due to some technical issues or have forgotten its login password, the steps listed below will help you get success with the extender reset process without any hassle.
- Disconnect your extender from all the devices connected to it.
- However, make sure not to unplug the extender from its power socket.
- Now, locate the Reset button on your device. The location of the button may vary from model to model. So, check all the sides of your extender to locate the button.
- Done? Press it using a pin-like device.
- Your extender will reboot.
- Once done, configure your extender from scratch to start using it.
We hope you have got an answer to your query ‘How can I reset my Netgear to default settings’. If something is not going in your favor or you are facing issues while taking your Netgear extender back to its default settings, then feel free to contact our technical experts and let them help you get success with the process.